Photobucket     Photobucket Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A handmade Birthday!

Little Beatrice turned two a couple of weekends ago, and even though I promised myself I would keep it simple, before I knew it my sewing machine was full speed ahead!!  I can't ignore an opportunity to get creative with fabric, especially for a little girl when cuteness levels are allowed to be off the chart!!

SO, it started with a Handmade skirt...


Then I had to get some decorations together, one yard cut equaled a quick table cloth, and fabric scraps sewn in a line made the perfect garland...








Next was the menu, while I can certainly pull off baking a dessert, the meal is a whole another story!  So I called on our dear friends at Cucina Antica who are experts in the business :)  They brought over their big guns, a home made pizza oven, and served up some fabulous pizza for every one!!




While the boys tended to the fire, our guest enjoyed the beautiful day and some of our furry friends...

 







Then it was time for dessert, which included carrot cupcakes!! 




And last but not least was time for presents, and for the first time, Bea actually grasped the concept of a present and was able to show some excitement...


It was a great day, and I still can't believe my Baby Bea is turning into my Little Bea, and I am so proud of her!!!


No comments: