Photobucket     Photobucket Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

First time Blogger and Valentine's day

I realized the other day that I needed a blog, mainly so I could talk about all the things that make me happy that aren't discussed at my 40+ hour a week corporate job.  So, in addition to finding time for my husband, toddler, 4 dogs, 16 chickens and Antique business I have convinced myself that I have time to start a blog.  Antiques, home decorating, sewing, knitting and baking, are some of the things that make me happy and I plan on sharing all of them. 


I generally don't decorate the house for Valentine's day, but since Bea is 16 months old now I thought she would enjoy it this year.  So, I modified a great technique I used at Christmas time to make a Valentine's Day garland.  I gathered all of my pink and red themed fabrics laying around and cut three different size hearts and circles out of them.  Then randomly stitched them together on my sewing machine to make a garland.  Once the shapes are cut out, it sews up really fast!  I hung it around my dining room windows and here above Bea's drawing table.  Simple, sweet and quick!!

1 comment:

M.A.V.G.A. (Mom's Against Video Game Addiction) said...

Love the decorating idea Bri! So simple yet adorable! Not sure how you find the time, but these are the things worth finding the time for!