Photobucket     Photobucket Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Picking"...and we're not talking about your nose


Way before hit TV shows like "Antique's Roadshow", "American Pickers" and "Cash and Cari" made "picking" a common household term, my Mom and I were picking all over New England in search of deals on vintage and antique items.  In fact, even way before I was born, my Mom's Mom (aka Grandma) was up to her elbows in "junk" at garage sales, flea markets and antique shows.  Yes, Picking is a great American past time that has been around for generations, and I am glad to share in the sport.  There are many types of pickers, those picking for pottery, art, furniture, glassware and even marbles!  Why do I pick?  well, aside for the love of filling my home with my finds, there is something about the excitement of hunting for a deal and never knowing what you're going to find.  My Mom and I have turned our love of picking into our Antique shop in Shelburne VT, "Brianne's" and now a space at an Antique Co-op in Stamford CT called Hiden Galleries.  If you are a first time picker or have been at it for years, be sure to come visit us on your search of a deal!!

No comments: