Photobucket     Photobucket Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket

Monday, November 7, 2011

Repurposing with Play-Doh

According to Wikipedia "Play-Doh" debuted on the children's toy market in the mid 1950's.  That means there are potentially three generations of Play-Doh users out there!!

Who doesn't love Play-Doh?  now that I am home with Bea during the day, we play with it at least 2-3 times a week.  We make snakes, pancakes, model dogs, pigs, cows, you name it!  This week, as I was rolling out a pancake I realized the colors that Play-Doh has created are actually really great!  What could I make with these great colors?  Play-Doh jewelry of course! :)

So, I grabbed a few supplies...


And we rolled up our sleeves...


Bea mostly made "snakes" but I made some very small balls and used my needle to put a hole through them... voila, Play-Doh Beads!!



Next step is to let them dry for up to 48 hours.  Then pick out some embroidery floss in fun colors and string with knots between...


I decided to make this one a necklace...


Use materials you have around at home, make the hole a little bigger and string on satin ribbon!

Way better than the noodle necklaces that usually come home from pre-school!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that!!! Gabi would love to come over and try I bet ;-)

jane said...

You always were a pretty crafty chick Bri!

Erin Shakespear said...

Ack! That is so cute. And very clever. Great job! I'm a new follower! :) erinshakespear.blogspot.com

Sara said...

SO pretty!! Would LOVE it if you would link these up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/11/turquoise-lovin-13.html

Bri Taylor said...

Hi Sara,

I just joined your turquoise link party, so many great ideas!! thanks for thinking of me.

Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com said...

This is such a creative idea! It lets the adult have a fun project while the kiddo is playing.

Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com