Photobucket     Photobucket Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket    Photobucket

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What does "Vintage Chic" mean...

Every once in a while, someone asks me what does "Vintage Chic" mean?  most of the time the question is asked by men, and most recently it was my accountant and then my financial advisor.  I am not sure if they will ever understand, but this is what I told them...

For my shop, "Vintage Chic" equals something old that has a great purpose in our modern lives.  Take this old sawbuck table, it probably was used on someone's patio for potting flowers back in the day.  Now I see a great desk, sewing table or TV stand! 



Another example is this great swing, probably tossed in a dumpster after being labeled as outdated by children :)  Now it brings great joy to Bea's eyes!!



There is also the "Vintage Chic" lifestyle, which is one I enjoy living by.  To me, that means taking outdated methods of living and using them in our modern lives.  For example, my chickens for eggs, garden for veggies, and sewing clothes!



I hope that clears up the definition for everyone :)





No comments: